Thursday, June 22, 2006

Happy Birfday Duncan!!!!!

Today was Duncan's 32nd birthday - yes I am an older woman, only by 6 months. His day started with gift giving. Max bought him some funky shorts, Daisi bought him a nice t-shirt. And then, the clever bit I think, all my family clubbed together and we bought Duncan items from his departments gift catalogue (see www.salvationarmy.org.uk/id for fab gift ideas). We got him, well I say him, these items have been bought on his behalf for people in a developing country; a peanut machine, 2 fruit trees, a bee hive, a bee suit, a bee smoker and training to be a bee keeper. This was as he had requested. Not what I would have liked to buy but he loved it, I think!! He then went into work late - he is the boss!!!!
I spent my usual morning watching either Holby City on UK Gold or Big Brother Live (yes I am sad) on E4. Once I'd picked Daisi up from nursery we went to Redhill to see my friend Helen who 2 weeks ago gave birth to her second child Ruben George. Daisi and Joshua, Helen's other child played nicely and Max ate dinner and then slept.
Came home, popped a cake in the oven for Dunc, he came home made tea. The kids are now in bed and we are going to treat ourselves to a Pay Per View movie!!!!! I think a good day had by all.
PRAYER - of thanks today. Helen and I were talking about how very very lucky and blessed we both feel to have two happy, healthy and downright goregous children, so a prayer of thanks for all children and blessed parents.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home