Thursday, November 02, 2006

How thick can I possibly get???

I haven't blogged for weeks because having finally got our broadband connected I was having password problems so still couldn't blog. I cannot believe that today, I've finally sussed out the problem - it wasn't the password it was the username. Sad as this sounds I was typing in my username for the CBeebies Parents Message Board!!!!! I can't really even blame it on blond hair any more!!!!!
So what have I been up to - way too much to remember it all.
Some stuff has been going on for me, mainly in my head though which now I feel better about I feel I can share. At the beginning of November I was at Sunbury Court for a conference for children's leaders - I'm the assistant singing co leader (junior choir) and there were different workshops for music leaders. Anyway, during the course of the weekend many people, who know me, happened to make comments about me, you're loud, you talk a lot, we can always tell where you're sitting and the worse one of all, you're a terrible flirt. Now I'm quite aware that most of it's true and was said in a joking fashion, but there is the saying 'many a true word said in jest'. So by the end of that weekend I was mortified and thought that this was not really a good example of being a christian and that I should totally change who I was. My normal every day to day stuff was not much difference but on the Friday I went to work, a bit in a state before I got there - partly cos most of the comments were made by people who I work with. I decided I needed to me quiet, demure and sit and my desk and do nothing but work - it kinda helped that I did actually have work to do. Where upon lots of people asked if I was ok, one person in particular was very kind, bought my toast for me and kept checking on me. Any way, I struggled with the old teary eyes all day and felt it was a really crappy day. Anyway, this weekend just gone we were up at the Northern Congress in Harrogate - in Army event for most of the silly billy's in the Army. Anyway, someone there, who I e-mail alot, said it was nicer talking to me in person and then said one sentence that almost gave me a little lightbulb-over-the-head moment. He said that a christian can minister to others just by friendship and fellowship. I suddenly thought - that's me!!!!!!! I am not able to quote bible left right and centre, I would never be able to preach a decent sermon, I am quite sure I'll never bless the masses, but I can and do talk to everyone. So that's that - I'm God's little talker!!!!!!
More good news for me, can't remember if I mentioned that I wrote a song for the singing co, well we sang it at Sunbury and Kettering and we're singing it at Croydon this week - well it's being published in next years Sing To The Lord - a book published for Singing Company's. How chuffed am I!!!!!!
Can't fill you in on every single detail but just be glad that I've sussed out my technical hitch!!!!!!
PRAYER - for friends of Kirsten, one friend lost a baby at 22 weeks, and a mother on Ian's barracks died in a car crash leaving 3 kids

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home