Sunday, November 05, 2006

... and I didn't cry

Today was a big day for me, well this morning was.
Firstly last night - fireworks were fab and nice to spend time with family!
Anyway, this morning at the Army, my church, I was leading the Singing Company, with them singing the song I wrote - now we have sung this twice before but not on home ground, and not with Dunc and my parents listening. Also, I wrote this song when a lady in the corps died, I guess you could say as a tribute to her, her 3 granddaughters are in the singing co and her daughter comes to the corps, so all family has heard it, but the CO found out from my dad, thanks dad, that there was a story behind the song and had asked me to introduce it, pee your pants time. I wanted to get it right and not burst into tears because Granny Myra, the lady who died, was a huge part of the corps. Well I managed it, just, and the kids sang fantastically, the oldest granddaughter started to blub during it, I nearly lost it, but it was good. So I'd better get on with another. If I can work out technology tomorrow, you might be able to listen to it if you're interested!!!!!
Then we had lunch at Dunc's parents, and then his dad and him watched rugby (snore) and we came home. As I type this Dunc is out in the garden with his own little bonfire, not really in honour of the 5th of November, it's more that he totally chopped down an apple tree and needs to get rid of the stuff, and tonight he can get away with lighting a fire!!!
Today at the Corps I struggled a little with some folks who were getting upset about stuff that to me seems pointless getting upset about - something I guess I need to work on.
PRAYER - that when you have something that winds you up, just breath lots and get over it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home