Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Not much today

Did coffee this morning with a new friend - a mum from the new toddlers I now go to here in Reigate. This is a very sad statement to make, but it's very tricky to chat with someone who's not Army - you have to explain so much, what does that say about the Army!!!!!
Singing Co tonight, slight stress for me, giving out tickets to people who had ordered them for the Albert Hall, still can't please anyone and even had an officer call me after I'd got home to have a right royal winge about which seats I'd given him!!!!! Nice!!!
My family today decided to do the same as we do with Dunc's family at Christmas and just spend £5 on each other at Christmas, none of us are mega rich and it's really getting to the point now that we're all running out of ideas for each other. I'm easy to buy for, for both my birthday (Dec 3 hint hint) and Christmas I ask for NEXT vouchers and then spend them at the NEXT sale at 5am!!!!!! So for those of you who know my family, if you have any sensible suggestions, I'll be grateful to hear them!!!!!
PRAYER - a prayer of thanks for my 2 beautiful children. I'm sitting typing this looking at Max's toddlers photo and Daisi's first school photo. My daily reading the other day pointed out that God likes thank you prayers too, he possible gets fed up with panic help prayers, so a huge thanks for Daisi and Max and everything they are and mean to me!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Heather's place said…

    Hi Anita

    I found your blog awhile a go - can't remember how. I spotted you are friends with my friend Lyns so I added you to my favorites.

    Anyway, getting to the point - my suggestion for bargain presents is Charity shops. I love buying Christmas presents but I don’t like the overindulgence - so I like the idea that even if the recipient hates the gift at least the Charity gets a boost.

    Where I live we have at least seven shops, in a fairly small town centre so I can wander round them all in an hour or so.

    Last year I bought quite a few pressys - mostly new rather than second-hand - some in the sale so even better value. We’ve a great Oxfam book shop so there’s plenty of treasures in there.

    I’ve just bought a lovely classic Thomas china tea-set for a birthday present. Cost about the same as a nice china mug from Tesco’s.

    (Just done a re-count. Including the Oxfam bookshop, there are ten charity shops where I live! Ten!)

    If you have time - and I did once, home made is good too.

    Happy shopping.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Johnny said…

    Just talk about something other than the Army! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home