Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I blame Duncan

Until looking at the date of my last blog, I hadn't realised that I hadn't blogged in a long while. And then I sussed, Dunc was off work from the 15th, for some subconscious reason I don't blog when Dunc is around - there may be some hidden meaning in that.
Anyway, do not fear, I am not gonna attempt to recap every single day - just highlights.
On the 16th I had a hen night to go to in Northampton for Louise Purkiss - fab night. She had made all her family and bridesmaids swear that they would not do anything - what she didn't bank on was her sister asking me to take over where she was not permitted!!!! Therefore, fun games were played, willie shaped items, edible and otherwise, were presented to the most definitely blushing bride-to-be and we all wore purple pants over our jeans at the restaurant - a brilliant idea I thought, until I realised upon arriving at the restaurant that it was a buffet style Chinese, so we all had to show our pants many times!!!! Anyway, it was a fab fun night, sadly a few of her mates pulled out at the last minute, very poor if you ask me, but all I could say to Louise was - the important ones are here!!!! She marries Garryl Willis on the 13th Jan - I shall be there, swinging my purple pants and all - not whilst wearing them I might add!!!
We Parkers shopped and did the usual prep for Christmas Day etc. And yes for those deeply concerned, I finally iced the cake - final thing was not as it was meant to be but was ok. Photo will follow.
Christmas Day was spent at Dunc's sisters with all his family and Boxing Day was at ours with all mine. Kids had lots of lovely pressie''s from Santa, as did mummy and daddy!!! I got a nice dark pink bike, the idea being for us to go on family bike rides, but we've yet to buy Dunc one.
27th Dec my usual trip to the Next Sale - however, normally I go at 5am, and am in and out in an hour, decided this year as I was taking my sister-in-law Becky for her first venture, we would go a little later - HUGE MISTAKE. Shopped for about 30 mins and then queued for almost 2 and a half hours to pay!!! I got what I wanted thought - jeans in my new slimmer size of...... like I'm gonna tell you!!!! and a dress for Louise's wedding.
New Years Eve we went over to Taff and Nicky's with the Luff's and the Lairds, this year there was also Janet's family and the Starlings. Bit busy and hectic and noisy but still fab fun with friends. New Years Day we went on our cell groups walk - our area of outside the M25 people, have started a walking group instead of a sit down cell group, others can come, so we had a lovely walk and even walked past the venue that we had our wedding reception at!
So today - tree and decorations came down, car went in for a service and my laundry duties recommenced. Dunc starts back at work tomorrow and Daisi back at school. With Daisi's 5th birthday next week, we are having a little family thing for her on Saturday and so begins another cake saga!!!! Last year I had to make a huge cake - Snow White asleep on a bed - major trauma to me!!! Tonight she's told me she wants Rapunzel marrying Prince Stefan - fat chance!!!
Well, I am back. I'll do better in this year - 2007.
New Years Resolution - always break them but need to keep calm about certain situations in my life, close friends will know what I'm on about. Lots of deep breathing - perhaps I need to bike ride those stresses away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home