Saturday, November 11, 2006

What a bizarre night!!!

Work yesterday, which I know it's odd, but I do like my day in the office. My boss, Captain Norman Ord, was in interviews most of the day so I didn't really see much of him. Just muddled on with my work. Went to lunch at Nando's with Rob Moye and Dean Jones, that's the 4th week running I've been to Nando's for lunch - I shall become such a lardy cardy!!! Nothing else major happened. After work, I had to wait around for a couple of hours, mildly boring. Finally the time came, I'd got changed into my footballers' wife outfit, and went with Dunc, Graeme Hodge and Emily Mingay up to Regent Hall. Dunc and Graeme were talking about anti-trafficking at a quiz night! Emily and I, as we often are become the appendages known as the International Development WAGS, hence my outfit. I don't think the evening had been well advertised, as including us there was 17. But the odd bit was how it panned out - you'd have quiz stuff - our team was called The Betty's in fondness of our Mrs TC. So, we had fun and laughter with the quiz and then Dunc would get up and talk about anti-trafficking, then more fun with quiz then Graeme would talk out anti-trafficking - kinda almost ruined the atmosphere. Never mind - Emily and I, when we got there, decided to go for a walk - London scares me. I'm now used to leafy Reigate were no-one rushes and everyone smiles. People were squashing me and pushing past me - we didn't stick it out long and headed for Starbuck - I had my usual Caramel Machiatto - yum!!!!
After the evening, we drove to Wallington and went to Asif Curry house, our fave Indian, we know the manager. Nice food and after dropping them at Emily's we headed home, way past my bedtime.
The kids were at my parents for the night, and this morning Dunc was up and out early for more anti-trafficking work. I had a teeny tiny lie in and then have spent the morning cleaning the house top to bottom as we have 2 friends of Duncan's from China are staying tonight. I am now sitting watching The Lord Mayors Show but have missed the Army band.
I know just wait for Dunc to return and we'll go over to my mum's, have lunch, pick Max up - Daisi is having another sleepover on her own, and then we go to Guildford to get this couple!!!!
Busy busy busy!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home