Friday, February 09, 2007

Chick chick chick chick chicken!!!

OK, so Tuesday - slightly manic day, well for me anyway. School run as usual, then it was my turn to do the ballet run - which was good as Dunc met me near the church where the girls do ballet, tea and then off to singing company- which in itself was a trauma but I'll not bore you with that one.
Wednesday - work, yes I know it wasn't Friday but once a month I do a Wed instead of a Fri to take minutes. Took my minutes and got severe brain ache!!!!
Thursday - SNOW AGAIN, yuk, got Daisi to school even though apparently on the local radio it had said her school was shut, but I assure you I did not leave her in an empty building. Went to my toddlers, and my brother Lloyd and his little one Elijah also came. They came back to mine for lunch and Lloyd with a little help from Elijah built a fab snowman, while I made lunch. However, the snowman fell over in the afternoon due to the rain.
And today - Daisi has an inset day so her and I are still in our pj's and it's 9.30am tut tut. I have a feeling her glitter fairy craft stuff might be out later - and so begins half term.
With reference to my singing co trauma, the other day my daily reading read as follows...
Jack London's classic story, White Fang, is about an animal, half dog, half wolf, who learns to live among men. White Fang loved chickens. Once he raided a chicken-roost and killed 50 hens. His master, Weedon Scott, who White Fang loved, told him off, then took him into the chicken yard. When White Fang saw his favourite food walking around in front of him, he did what any half dog half wolf would do and went for them. Immediately he was called by his master's voice. He stayed in the chicken yard quite a while, and every time White Fang made a move toward a chicken his master's voice would stop him. By doing this he learned what his master wanted - he learned to ignore the chickens. Weedon Scott's father said 'you couldn't cure a chicken killer' but Weedon challenged him and they agreed to lock White Fang in with the chickens all afternoon: 'Locked in the yard, White Fang lay down and went to sleep. Once he walked over to the trough for a drink. He calmly ignored the chickens. As far as he was concerned they did not exist. At 4 o'clock he did a running jump and leaped to the ground outside, where he sadly wandered back to the house. He had learned his lesson. Because of love he wanted to do what his master wanted and White Fang overcome his natural, inborn tendencies. He may not have understood the reason, but he chose to change what he wanted to do in place of what his master wanted. Life's full of chickens. What are yours?
OK, maybe a bit OTT, but I know what my chickens are and I know I need to listen to my masters voice who is telling me to try and ignore the stuff that gets to me - its very very hard and I'll never 100% manage it but I am only human.
What are your chickens????

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home