Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Joy Webb.... step aside!!!

I'll get to that bit in a minute. Wed was Valentine's Day - I felt very poorly, and between you and me the feeling poorly part scared me. Just after we got married I was ill for years with mild M.E. - not nice - and Wed morning really felt like it - to be honest I still don't feel right but every morning I pray that it's not M.E. and ask God to get rid of it. Anyway, Dunc was off for the day, we just had a nice family day together and later, Dunc cooked me a lovely meal. This was also the first night I slept with my contact lenses in - I got new lenses on Monday that are continuous wear so you leave them in for 30 days.
Thursday - we didn't do much in the morning but in the afternoon, we went over to my mum and dad's. We were all having a sleepover. My mum has to treck over to mine every Friday morning, very early, so as it was half term I thought it might be nicer for her not to have to do that drive. We had a nice time. And my eyes were fine when I woke!!!!!
Friday - work, spent the day typing minutes up - there was hardly anyone in, what with TYB/TYC and half terms. Went home to my parents, had some tea - then popped in on Dunc's parents. Joan, my mother-in-law, gave both Daisi and Max their first ever hair cut - yes it's Daisi's first cut even though she's five. So of course I have kept all the hair for their baby books.
Saturday - Daisi had her usual kick-boxing lesson and then after lunch, we went for a drive down to Brighton - it's only about 30 mins from this house. Had the obligatory fish and chips on the beach and hot doughnuts off the pier!!!! Yummy
Sunday - Dunc was out the house very early as he was doing the morning meeting at Bristol Staple Hill. We went to Croydon - I led the Singing Co - they sang beautifully. Came home and then our walking group met and did a lovely walk around Priory Park - as Dunc was away I had Max in the back pack - I thought I was having heart failure carrying him up the first hill. Then most of the group came back to ours for coffee and it was timed well as Dunc was back home.
Monday - Daisi back at school so life back to normal. School run, laundry etc.
Yesterday - pretty much the same as Monday with the added fun of pancakes. I think pretty much anything would taste good inside a pancake, well perhaps not the testicles of a large hairy animal, but I preferred maple syrup - tonnes of it too!!!!
OK, so to my music news. Can't remember if I've mentioned it before but I have written a song inspired by the friends I've made at TMS (Territorial Music School). Last week I finally loaded Sibelius onto my laptop so have now put the song down on paper - well the screen. I'm extremely pleased with it - so much so that I sent the first version to the ISS leader, my mate Dorothy, who leads the girls chorus at TMS, and told her I won't be upset if she doesn't want to use it, but thought she might wanna see it as it was written with girls chorus in mind - she replied saying it would work well for girls chorus - so I think that means she might do it!!!!! There's no stopping me now!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home