Monday, July 10, 2006

Sorry!!

My laptop has been playing up but suddenly seems to be ok - so that's the excuse for the lack of blogging. Lots happened since I last blogged.
Bad news for our family. My cousin Debbie passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning. They had said they were going to leave the machine on till this week just to see what happened, but by Friday afternoon they said her head was physically exploding - sorry, bit nasty. They turned them off around 2.30pm. Tragic. When there's death its often the time me faith gets rocky, with the bog old WHY? question, but one of the Commissioners at the Corps yesterday said 'there are times in life when there is just no point asking why' - I'm gonna try and take that on board because I won't get an answer anyway. The funeral is possibly this week and they have asked my dad to do it, a task no uncle wants to have to do on a niece who he dedicated. The hardest thing for everyone I guess is watching Lauren and Ross. Lauren has decided that mummy liked Robbie Williams so he'll be singing at the wedding - via CD I mean.
Saturday was also emotional as we took a roadtrip up to Duncan's grandparents. His grandad on his mum's side has had parkinsons for years and has now been told he has prostate cancer, he has said he doesn't want any treatment. So we went to see them, they haven't yet seen Max. He was the thinnest I've every seen him, but in himself he was good, laughing and telling his jokes as he used to. When I first married Dunc and was ill with ME, grandad would send me letters that just contained jokes to cheer me up. When we left as I hugged him he started to cry, that's tough to see that, but I soon joked back and got him smiling.
We then went to see the other grandparents. Grandad Smith was clearing out his brothers house, which belonged to the family so again there was upset.
Sunday for me was tough, spent most of the morning meeting crying, I hate having leaky eyes.
PRAYER - lots. For my family as they get through this tragedy. For my dad as he prepares to do the funeral. For Grandad Brailsford, that he keeps chirpy. For Grandad Smith, that the clearing out of the house isn't too hard for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home