Monday, January 15, 2007

Nice weekend indeed

Friday night - Dunc and I had a date. My parents had Daisi and Max Friday and Saturday night due to us going to a wedding on Sat, so we took the opportunity and had a curry and then watched the bond movie. I am now well and truly in love with Daniel Craig, he can sit with me in the shower any day. I'd seen his picture before and not thought all that much, but seeing him in action, and fab blue eyes!!!
Sat - After a small lie in, I had a hair cut!!!! Haven't had that in over a year as I was growing my hair, just had some shape put into it, forget out expensive it is!!! Then me, Dunc, Taff and Nicky headed up to Northampton to the wedding of Louise Purkiss to Garryl Willis - absolutely fantastic day. It was sooooo good to see 2 people so definitely in love and especially Lou. We had a good time at the reception as the people on our table were all good fun. We were named the noisy table by most - well, you gotta have a laugh every now and then. Lou looked stunning, as did all the bridal party.
Sunday - Army in the morning, home, ironing for 3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!! Max helped Dunc wash the car today - you can see the bits that Max did, very dirty still but he had a whale of a time. Later on my brother Lyndon and his girlfriend Lisa came round and we got a Chinese take-away - haven't done that in ages.
Yesterday morning at the Army, it was commitment Sunday - and I will hold my hands up and admit, I hate that day. Can't really explain why but I always end up quietly weeping in the meeting, feeling guilty about whether I am committed enough or not. Does God look down on me and smile or would he rather I was doing a little more. I know I am not the worlds best Christian, at the moment I have one particular issue I really need to deal with, the only person that's getting stressed by it is me, and no-one can really change it - can't really give details, but some of my friends may suss it out. My New Year's resolution was not to feel so stressed about this situation but even before the end of Jan 1st I'd blown that!!! I guess we are only human, but I do keep praying that I'll calm down a little on it - failing that, I'll have to change corps - extreme resort and will never ever happen. Yes I know - I'm a drama queen - but just trying to dump some of this onto whoever gives a monkeys!!!!
Anyway - Monday... school run, laundry etc - usual day!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home