Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'M BACK!!!!

And be warned, this will be a long one!!!
Well lots to tell.
TMS - Fantastic week. A feel invigorated spiritually, mentally, not quite physically, socially, adulty - as in no nappies, nothing else!!! I had a great week. Highlights - spending more time talking to the students, almost falling off a chair very publicly at the Wednesday night festival - and yes sadly there is video footage. No low points really. Got to spend the week with 2 fab girls, Ruth and Lynsey, beautiful women, inside and out.
Last weekend - came home from TMS early as it was Max's 1st birthday party on Saturday - again nice time with family and close friends. He got lots of nice pressie's and money.
Sunday was his birthday, can't believe it's a year. Dunc got up very early to do a car boot sale to clear out half of the junk in our loft. Our new house doesn't have a loft as such as it's been converted into a bedroom, so bummer on storage but good for getting rid of junk.
This week, on Saturday night I was helping Dunc get all the stuff out the loft and I have trapped a nerve at the bottom of my spine. This has happened numerous times before. If you really really wanna know why, just ask and I'll tell you. So Monday and Tuesday I'm afraid the kids were confined to the living room as I couldn't go chasing round the house. We found out on Tuesday that we move on the 14th, which is good is its soon but not good as all the Croydon gang were playing golf or shopping in Kettering. So we miss out on that but also miss out on the valid support of our pals who had all offered to help. I've told Dunc to ask nicely and perhaps, seeing as they all have the day off anyway, they might postpone the golf!!! Also, my 2 brothers and Dunc's brother-in-law are all unavailable, so that leaves, me, Dunc, Dunc's dad and my mum for moving!!!!!! My Dad, as he did last time, is going to take Daisi and Max to Godstone Farm for the day to make it easier!! Dunc goes to Washington DC this Sunday until the 12th so it's a little tight but he has pretty much packed the whole house up already. It's only really every day things left.
Yesterday - had work. Was actually good for my back as I could just sit and the heaviest thing I lifted was a file, not Max!!! Poor thing, I had to practically drop him into his cot each nap time as I couldn't bend into the cot.
Today - Janet, Mia and Noah came round to drop of Max's pressie. We went to McDonalds for lunch so the girls could play in the soft play area. Dunc is out at a Summer School tonight and I just attempted to highlight my hair with one of those kits, lets just say I'm glad no-one will see me for a bit, some of them went a bit blonder than I expected and even though I did it to the roots, it doesn't look like it - never mind, it's not hideous!!!!
Other than all that, not much has happened really!!!!
It was great to be me last week but I did really miss the kids and Duncan. It's nice to be back with them this week, just wish I could play more with them without wincing in pain!!!
Hope anyone reading this hasn't missed me too much, never really know if anyone except Darren and Jonny read this!!!!!
PRAYER - for all the students and staff at TMS, that they took something from last week that may change them in some way.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home