Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hot... and now the fan busts

We have had an oscillating tower fan in the living room or in my bedroom at night. This started to squeak like a loud squeaky mouse this afternoon. I carefully took it apart and think it just needs an oiling. However, as Dunc has started packing stuff up, I cannot find the WD40, therefore I am roasting. I hardly slept at all last night due to the heat, and that was with the fan on full blast - no hope for tonight.
Usual day. Went out to the Harvester with Dunc's family today for a farewell meal for his brother Chris. Sometimes, especially when Dunc is away, I swear it's easier just to stay in and never go out with two kids. I felt a little evil tonight. Daisi hardly touched her meal so I said she couldn't have the ice cream that went with it. Everyone else sat and ate puddings. She cried at first but I gave her pen and paper and she calmed down. When everyone's desserts came I thought she'd be an nightmare but, bless her, she didn't even ask for any. Point one to mummy!!!
PRAYER - for Chris as he embarks on this year long apprenticeship. Prayer for physical strength and health and traveling 'mercies'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home