Sunday, July 16, 2006

I promise to be better at this

OK, well, I said I wasn't blogging on Thursday night, couldn't bring myself to do it Friday or Saturday, so it'll be a biggie now!!!!
Friday - my cousins funeral - absolutely horrendous. We met all the others at my Auntie's house - nice in one sense as I haven't seen them all for so long. Met Lauren and Ross, my cousins 2 kids, who both were looking very brave. Dunc and I went with mum and dad to the chapel at the cemetery ahead of the family, as dad was doing the service and needed to check everything was ok. Eventually a beautiful black carriage driven by two black horses arrived with the coffin, followed by the rest of the family. That was tough enough. But then Lauren, bless her, broke down - totally understandable for an 11 year old who's looking at her mum's coffin. I don't think any women there had dry eyes. The service was ok, dad did really well and kept it together for everyone, I don't know how as he was stood facing his sister and her family all sobbing. Then we went to the graveside. Afterwards I went to my nan's grave - she died when I was living in America and I've never got back to see her. I suddenly felt so bad when I got there that I hadn't come back for the funeral, and also that I don't see the family very much. I've already decided that in a few weeks I'll take Max and Daisi to see them all. All in all although it was nice to see the family, it was a horrid day.
Having said that, in the evening it was Chris's (Dunc's brothers) farewell party - he is doing an apprenticeship with IHQ for a year, around the world.
Saturday was a Parker family day, tomorrow is Mike and Joans 35th wedding anniversary so we went to a Lake for the day and picnic'd etc. Very hot and very nice.
Had to take Dunc to Heathrow in the evening for his trip to Brazil so all in all a very emotional couple of days.
Today - Army, came home on my own with the kids and that was it. Dunc called to say he'd got to the hotel safely and all was well.
PRAYER - Keep Duncan safe and look after him and us while he's away. Nearly every time he goes away the kids are ill, someone suggested once it's the devil attacking - so if it is, pray for him to clear off and leave us be!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home